Consider the following statements: Statement-I: Marsupials are not naturally found in India...UPSC pre 2023

Consider the following statements:


Statement-I:

Marsupials are not naturally found in India.


Statement-II:

Marsupials can thrive only in montane grasslands with no predators.


Which one of the following is correct in respect of the above statements?


(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and Statement II is the correct explanation for Statement-I


(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and StatementII is not the correct explanation for Statement-I


(c) Statement-I is correct but StatementII is incorrect


(d) Statement-I is incorrect but Statement-II is correct


Answer - C


Consider the following statements:    Statement-I:  Marsupials are not naturally found in India...UPSC pre 2023


Analysis 


Medium , Current affair 


In April 2022, it was reported in many newspapers that Kangaroos (marsupials) are being smuggled into India.


As you Know Kangaroos not natuarally found in India. 


They are found in Australia, New Guinea, and neighbouring islands and are not restricted to montane grassland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charter act of 1833 question asked in UPSC pre 2023

Consider the following organizations/bodies in India: 1. The National Commission for Backward Classes 2. The National Human Rights Commission 3. The National Law Commission 4. The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission How many of the above are constitutional bodies? UPSC pre 2023

Consider the following statements: Statement-I: The Supreme Court of India has held ... upsc pre 2023